June 19, 2007

working out

6:30 p.m. ---- me sitting on my comfy couch, eating butter pecan ice cream straight from the tub, and watching TV. “A” has not come home yet, which means I have the ice cream, the TV and the couch, all three to myself. This must be heaven…


6:20 p.m. ---- bee gees are screaming out haaa haaa haaa haaa staying alive...staying alive …I am awake, and lying on the floor. Bright stinging light is staring into my eyes, “A” has left the blinds open, yet again and sunlight is hitting through, right onto my face. I am shaken and exhausted. I am still in the exercise room, the music is blasting off and the treadmill is nearby. I get up, and head towards the bath room. Am going to freshen up and watch TV and yes definitely eat something healthy tonight.


6:10 p.m. ---- I think I can see death around the corner. I am on the floor, my heart is beating violently, trying to run out of my body, sweat is running down, my stomach is twitching and turning from the insides, my legs are feeling lifeless, my eyes are watery, pain is rippling through and the room is spinning around me. And yes of course the white light, I can see it now. I don’t want to go to heaven in shorts and sneakers.


6:09 p.m. ---- Oh my god I cannot believe this is happening, the treadmill is trying to outrun me. I am running at 3.5 miles an hour, “A” says it is like walking (whateverrrrr), but my legs can’t keep up with the treadmill. Me thinks it is because I have been running for quite some time now and I am getting tired, and so after all it perhaps is not the treadmill. I must stop, “A” says never try to run more than your body can handle. He is right, am so getting off…


6:06 p.m. ---- That was fast, I am already in my running shorts and on the treadmill. “A” will be proud of me .


6:00 p.m. ---- Did you know, exercising for just 10 minutes a day can keep you fit…yippee. They are saying it on TV, and if it is on TV, it must be true. No more flab, no more loose clothes, no more tucking in the belly and just 10 minutes a day. God seems to be listening to me….I am inspired.

1 comment:

rathchakra said...

Keep up the good work, good creative work.