July 4, 2007

Chasing the trend

Skinny jeans are back. Thanks to 80s and their ridiculous invention, the skinny jeans are back and once again and I cannot stop waiting for it to disappear. The good news is that now, when I go for shopping, hopefully people will be clamoring for the skinny jeans and leave my favorite jeans alone. The bad news is that they seem to have infiltrated all the malls, catalogues, TV channels and it is bugging the hell out of me. Who on earth looks good in skinny jeans?

Apart from skinny jeans things that are in are polka dots, that s cute, fluffy sleeved tops, floral prints, summery dresses, curly hair, silver and gold flats, the list goes on.
It is all precious, the only glitch, it practically makes my whole wardrobe, fashionably stale.

I thought last year was the year of revealation. It was time to get zexxxyyyy, no more sloppiness; I shall be trendy this season, I thought. After years of watching Fashion Police in E! channel, checking out Fashion faceoff in People magazine and endless hours of window shopping, I was officially inspired to dive into fashion.

And so I set out to get trendy. Multiple rounds of Macys, Old Navy, Express, Gap, Guess, Target, Nordstrom and a couple more, and I was ready to face the fashion bravely. Boot leg jeans, solid colors, stripes, gypsy skirts, straight hair etc etc.. I was in vogue. Hell I even had heels, as uncomfortable as they were but anything for fashion.

It was all perfect, and then, a bleep of a heartbeat later, fashion was different once again. In fact practically whatever I had before my fashion adventure or misadventure, with the exception of skinny jeans and some is back once again. Now they are even threatening that apart form skinny jeans, ultra wide jeans are going to get in...... I think I am ready to roll on the floor.

Who decides what is in and what is out? My fashion decision, I am sticking to my wardrobe and definitely not watching those damn fashion shows any more.

No comments: